Respect for the land and its bounty is an inherent part of La Rosa’s philosophy, and those values have been passed down with the same energy and passion over the course of six generations of the Ossa family. Today, our commitment is all encompassing. In addition to sustainably managing our vineyards, we believe it is equally important to handle all of our operations responsibly, develop mutually respectful relationships with our collaborators, demand sustainable practices from our suppliers, and appreciate and interact positively with our neighboring communities in the Peumo zone of the Cachapoal Valley.
- Respect for our land
- We only use green-seal sustainable chemical products
- Sustainable management of our operations
- Our team of viticulturists and winemakers constantly strive to minimize water use, recognizing that climate change is affecting the availability of this resource.
- We promote the efficient use of other resources such as electricity and fuels in order to minimize our carbon footprint.
- Respect for and commitment to our team
- We strive to build relationships of mutual trust and respect.
- We internalize each of the laws and regulations governing labor relationships with our employees, both those in the Chilean framework and those set out in ILO and UN conventions.
- We do not hire anyone under 18 years of age.
- Our employees are chosen on the basis of their skills and technical knowledge.
- We do not tolerate any kind of discrimination whatsoever based on ethnic origin, religion, nationality, skin color, marital status, age, sex, political affiliation, or disability.
- We emphatically reject any conduct involving workplace or sexual harassment or any other behavior that could threaten the basic rights of our employees.
- We respect the dignity and privacy of our employees.
- Our aim is to offer a safe and secure workplace environment. To do so, we adhere strictly to all health and safety legislations and standards.
- We provide our employees with the protective clothing and equipment they need to safely perform their work and prevent any potential risks.
- We recognize the right of our employees to form unions or workers’ associations within the framework of Chilean labor law and its statutes.
- Respect for our customers
- Our work is founded upon the creation of products of excellence for our customers, and we are always attentive to their needs and requirements.
- We seek to forge long-term relationships based on mutual trust and understanding.
- Relationships with our suppliers
- We develop long-term relationships with strategic suppliers who share our vision of excellence and quality and that comply with all provisions of Chile’s current labor laws.
- We avoid all practices that may be perceived as dishonest under the current legislation and regulations in force in Chile and the countries we do business with.
- Community involvement
British Retail Consortium (B.R.C.)